tirsdag 8. mars 2016

Where on Google Earth #542

I haven't been so active lately, often having found the location only long after the NEXT puzzle was posted.
But Paul's WoGE #541 turned out to be surprisingly easy when my first hunch turned out to be correct!

So it's my turn again, and I hereby present yet another round thing:



I think the Schott rule would be superfluous this time.

As always, the first person to post the position and whatever is interesting about the geology/hydrology/geowhatever in this location, wins the privilege of hosting the next WoGE.

Previous WoGEs are collected by Felix on 
his blog and a KML file.

5 kommentarer:

  1. I know this one is difficult, so here is the first hint: It is the first WoGE in this country.

    SvarSlett
  2. -25.8796°, -57.17344° Cerro Acahay, Paraguay: Is an alkaline intrusion that happened during the interval from 128 to 126 Ma. It is related to the evolution of the central and eastern parts of the Asunción Rift. [http://turmalina.igc.usp.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S2317-48892013000400012&lng=en&nrm=iso]

    SvarSlett
  3. Correct, Felix!
    I have to confess that I picked this location partly for its roundness and similarity to an idealised meteorite crater, and partly because it was in a "new country".

    Over to you!

    SvarSlett
  4. Ole, this one was a pretty interesting one. On the very first glance it looks like an impact crater, but it isn't.

    WOGE 543 is at : http://woge-felix.blogspot.de/2016/03/where-on-google-earth-543.html

    SvarSlett